quinta-feira, junho 01, 2023

o amor, às vezes, é mesmo como nos filmes







before sunrise - 1995

  • Jesse: I feel like this is, uh, some dream world we're in, y'know.
  • Celine: Yeah, it's so weird. It's like our time together is just ours. It's our own creation. It must be like I'm in your dream, and you in mine, or something.
  • Jesse: And what's so cool is that this whole evening, all our time together, shouldn't officially be happening.
  • Celine: Yeah, I know. Maybe that's why this feels so otherworldly.


before sunset - 2004

  • Jesse: Oh, God, why didn't we exchange phone numbers and stuff? Why didn't we do that?
  • Celine: Because we were young and stupid.
  • Jesse: Do you think we still are?
  • Celine: I guess when you're young, you just believe there'll be many people with whom you'll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times.
  • Jesse: And you can screw it up, you know, misconnect.

before midnight - 2013

  • Jesse: You're just like the little girls and everybody else. You wanna live inside some fairy tale. I'm just trying to make things better. I tell you that I love you unconditionally, I tell you that you're beautiful, I tell you that your ass looks great when you're 80. I try to make you laugh.
  • Celine: Ok.
  • Jesse: All right, I put up with plenty of your shit. And if you think I'm just some dog who's gonna keep coming back, then you're wrong. But if you want true love, then this is it. This is real life. It's not perfect, but it's real. And if you can't see it, then you're blind, all right, and I give up.

  • Jesse: I am giving you my whole life ok? I got nothing larger to give, I'm not giving it to anybody else. If you're looking for permission to disqualify me, I'm not gonna give it to you. Ok? I love you. And I'm not in conflict about it. Okay? But if what you want is like a laundry list of all the things that piss me off, I can give it to you.
  • Celine: Yeah, I want to hear.
  • Jesse: Okay well, number 1, you're fucking nuts! You are. Good luck! Find somebody else to put up with your shit for more than like 6 months okay? But I, accept the whole package, the crazy and the brilliant. I know you're not gonna change and I don't want you to. It's called accepting you for being you.

Sem comentários: