domingo, março 06, 2011

the age of innocence


ellen olenska: i think we should look at reality, not dreams.
newland archer: i just want us to be together!
ellen olenska: i can't be your wife, newland! is it your idea that I should live with you as your mistress?
newland archer: i want... somehow, i want to get away with you... and... and find a world where words like that don't exist!
ellen olenska: newland, you couldn't be happy if it meant being cruel. if we act any other way i'll be making you act against what i love in you most. and i can't go back to that way of thinking. don't you see? i can't love you unless I give you up
newland archer: you gave me my first glimpse of a real life. then you asked me to go on with the false one. no one can endure that.
ellen olenska: i'm enduring it.

Sem comentários: